Business in the Community Ireland (BITCI) is a network for responsible business. Founded in 2000 we are the only business network of its kind in Ireland. From providing bespoke advice to some of the most progressive multinational and indigenous companies to helping smaller enterprises navigate and understand CSR, we are the trusted advisers on responsible business practices in Ireland.
Led by CEO Tina Roche, our organisation has one of the strongest Board of Directors in the country and our Patron is President Michael D. Higgins.
When we were established, CSR was based on corporate giving and engagement with charities and causes. Today, through our work with hundreds of companies, CSR is accepted as covering all areas of the business. From employee engagement to supply chain and procurement to climate change and human rights, at its heart CSR is about a company being trustworthy and having a solid reputation.
- 80 companies.
- BITCI also works with companies under their Business Action on Education and Business Action on Employment initiatives; through which they reach over an additional 100 companies both large and SME.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (2) CRH plc, Smurfit Kappa.
Building the Business Case
- CEADS has produced 11 books comprising more than 400 case studies on sustainable development, including best practice subjects such as eco-efficiency, reporting, integrated management systems, recycling, by-product synergies, CSR, supply chain management, stakeholder communication, sustainable livelihoods and a wide range of other sustainable development issues.
- Provides local authorities advice on the development of public policies and regulatory framework on issues related to sustainable development;
- Design and delivery of a wide variety of learning programs: Global Reporting, GHG Protocol, Carbon Footprint, Measuring Impact, Human Rights, ISO 26000, Inclusive Business, HHRR Management in NGOs and Environmental Law for non-specialists. These are exclusive for its member companies.
- Contributes with PwC Argentina in surveying the Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility Latin America landscape (2014 & 2015).
- Action2020-related Activities
Basic Needs and Human Rights
Skills and Employment
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- BITCI are a highly networked organization within Ireland, and work in partnership across a range of different areas.
- Work with national government departments including:
- Department of Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation
- Department of Environment, Community & Local Government
- Department of Social Protection
- Department of Education & Science
- BITCI has strong relationships with NGO groups such as The Wheel, statutory agencies such as the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland, academic such as the UCD Smurfit Business School and Tirnity College Dublin, semi-state organizations such as the National Standards Authority of Ireland, and other business networks such as Chambers Ireland, IBEC, ISME, SFA.
- At EU level, BITCI is an active member of CSR Europe.
- Collaboration with Global Network Partners
- As a new GN partner since October 2015, BITCI is currently exploring regional collaboration opportunities with other partner organizations.
Global Network Collaboration