CBSR’s mission is to accelerate and scale corporate social and environmental sustainability in Canada by strategically bringing together stakeholders to collectively tackle key issues. CBSR’s vision is that every Canadian company creates a positive social, environmental, economic impact on society.
- 40 companies
Shared Members with WBCSD
- In November 2015, CBSR published the Transformational Company Guide, an interactive resource for organizations seeking to scale and accelerate their sustainability and CSR efforts. The guide has already been featured at a number of leading Canadian sustainability conferences in 2016. CBSR is currently conducting a series of webinars to raise awareness and increase adoption of the guide.
- Action2020-related Activities
- CBSR is currently working on an update to the Climate Change Guide originally published in 2007. Given the recent political shifts, both provincially and nationally, the organization has decided to update this document for a broader business audience. The document will include an expanded risks and opportunities section, a legal considerations section authored by a leading international climate law firm, and sector specific best practices in greenhouse gas mitigation.
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- CBSR has existing relationships with a number of NGO partners including World Animal Protection and Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation. CBSR was also recently involved in the consultation process surrounding Ontario’s proposed Cap and Trade legislation.
- Collaboration with Global Network Partners
- No formal collaboration to date with any other Global Network partners. Currently scoping potential synergies with other Canadian and US Global Network partners.
Global Network Collaboration