ACCIÓN is a Chilean business community of forward-thinking companies engaged in promoting policies and practices to build a sustainable future. Its membership base consists of 170 companies, both national and multinational, representing different industries. The mission of ACCIÓN is “to sensitize and mobilise companies to manage their businesses in a socially and environmentally responsible way, supporting their leaders and workers to install the sustainable development logic in their strategy.”
- 170 companies.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (15) Anglo American, Bayer, Coca-Cola, Deloitte, GDF Suez, Holcim, Komatsu, Masisa, Natura, Nestlé, PepsiCo, PwC, Statkraft, Sika, Unilever.
Building the Business Case
- ACCIÓN helps companies improve their competiveness and sustainability through projects, networking activities, capacity building, studies and publicity of their business case and CSR activities.
- Articulates dialogue between companies, authorities, NGOs and academics to foster the discussion of a long term development strategy for the country.
- Organises courses and workshops on CSR and Sustainability matters, such as the Intensive Course on CSR, Business Ecosystems Training Programme, and Business and Community.
- Organises seminars to bring members together in a forum to discuss the main trends in sustainable development and CSR, and to open a space for debate on key issues at the intersection of enterprise and society.
- Promotes CSR and Sustainability via the website, newsletters, social networks, collaborations with the media and a weekly radio programme.
- Publishes practical guides and studies on CSR topics for companies.
- Has a number of groups or “committees” in different areas, such as Human Capital, Communities, Clients, Supply Chain, Environment and Communications, where professionals of member companies share knowledge and experience in those fields.
- Action2020-related Activities
- Acción RSE has an active Environmental Committee dealing with issues of environment and climate change.
- Offers the Business Ecosystems Training (BET) Programme developed by the WBCSD.
Basic Needs and Rights
- Works with 23 companies in +Diversidad, a collaborative and collective 3 year program on Diversity Management for companies operating in Chile.
- Has two work groups in the area of Basic Needs and Rights, the Ethics Committee and the Community Relations Committee.
Skills and Employment
- AVANZA: social innovation programme seeking to develop long lasting relations between companies and their communities through development of inclusive business and other projects focused on developing the community.
- Educarse in Canela is a collaborative private-public-academia-civil society project that focuses on improving education in a rural community 600 km north of Santiago, to foster standards and results in public schools.
- ACCIÓN offers members a tracing service related to reporting, supply chain management and an online CSR test.
- The working group Clients and Supply Chain Committee is dedicated to ensuring environmental sustainability across the supply chain.
- Collaboration with Global Network Partners
- Collaborates with Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Brazil in developing a CEO survey to collect business’ perspective on various sustainability-related topics. The 2014 survey and following publication is focused on Climate Change.
- South Africa.
Global Network Collaboration