HR BCSD was formed in 1997 with 18 founding members. Fifteen current members are from industrial sector and five are representatives of large service industries, including hotel industry, banking and utilities. One is an honorary member. The HR BCSD also enjoys the support of small businesses, consulting agencies, expert institutions, one institution from Slovenia, one environmental NGO, one media representative and two private business schools.
- 36 companies.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (3) Coca Cola HBC, Cemex, Holcim.
Building the Business Case
- Working with the University of Zagreb to establish a Master’s degree programme in sustainable development.
- Developing and hosting numerous workshops and public debates on sustainability topics.
- Sponsoring lectures at business schools, national CSR conferences and educational seminars on CSR practices for business.
- Promoting sustainable development through publications and the quarterly bulletin “Business and Sustainability.”
- HR BCSD is a lead partner in organizing a yearly National CSR conference, which has developed into a scientific conference collecting and publishing its outcomes, including case studies from industry, expert papers on CSR and sustainability.
- The HR BCSD is leading the National CSR Platform, funded by the EC (through the Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme Fund) and aimed at establishing sustainable coordination on CSR to support implementation and visibility.
- Action2020-related Activities
- Cooperation on preparing the ISO 26000 guidelines on CSR.
- Preparation of a CSR Index to rank companies based on their nonfinancial impacts.
- Translation and promotion of G4 Guidelines for sustainability reporting
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- Providing input to the environmental legislation throughout the business sector in Croatia.
- Engaging in policymaking through active membership in the Economic Council of the President of the Republic of Croatia and the State Council for Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection.
- Working with the Croatian government on the preparation of national CSR strategies.
- Developing a platform in a collaboration project with the EC, CCE, Global Compact, HUB, HUP, HUS and the Ministry of Economy. The project establishes sustainable coordination on CSR to support implementation and visibility. Specific activity streams include hosting educational seminars, a case study database, and a web portal and developing partnerships among various stakeholders.
Global Network Collaboration