CEDDS started operating in May 2014. It had its launch event with a presentation of Action2020 and Reporting for the local business community.
CEDDS started operating in May 2014. A launch event was organized the same month with the attendance of 20 leaders from the most important local businesses representing the main economic sectors (hedge fund and investment, energy, steel, finance, retail, insurance, entertainment).
- 7 members.
- CEDDS is undertaking a survey of the most important sustainability issues in the Dominican Republic to publish as part of the “State of Sustainability – Dominican Republic – First Edition” publication.
- Action2020-related Activities
During CEDDS’ launch event in May 2014, Action2020 was presented as one of the organisation’s main focus areas. In particular, Action2020 was presented with an explanation of the implications of each Priority Area for the local business environment and how they affect each of the participating companies’ operations. The presentation concluded in a call of action, to which the business leaders actively responded by asking for a Blueprint or Road Map for them to implement. CEDDS is currently working on developing this proposal. Action2020 Priority Areas for more specific engagement will be determined once CEDDS’ objectives and operations are formally finalized.
- WBCSD’s Reporting Matters initiative was introduced during CEDDS’ launch event. A presentation was given to establish the link between business performance and ESG risks, emphasizing on the creation of value and its destruction (in the form of risks). Based on WEF’s Top 10 Global Risk 2014 publication (in which WBCSD collaborated), each of the risks was analyzed and evaluated on a local level, to understand the implications that global risks have on the local marketplace and specifically the business in attendance.
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- CEDDS has established relations with some of the most active organizations that focus on Environmental, Social and Governance issues. Formal partnership agreements are currently under development.
- Collaboration with Global Network Partners
- CEDDS is participating in the conversations that have taken place on the newly formed Latin American Network.
- Joining the “Reporting Matters – Latin America” initiative that is currently under development among the Latin American GN Partners.
- Collaborating with Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Brazil in developing a CEO survey to collect business’ perspective on various sustainability-related topics. The 2014 survey and following publication is focused on Climate Change.
Global Network Collaboration