Founded in 1998, Maala is a nonprofit membership organisation that works with businesses to develop and implement corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategies.
- 110 companies.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (6) Coca Cola, Ernst & Young LLP, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Procter & Gamble, Unilever.
Building the Business Case
- Organises the annual Maala Conference on CSR practice.
- Creates and strengthens awareness of CSR in Israel.
- Produces a variety of tools and resources to help companies become better corporate citizens.
- Nurtures dialogue and the exchange of ideas between and among business, government and the nonprofit sector.
- Offers workshops on topics such as fair trade, diversity and green growth.
- Operates an annual training course for CSR managers, in cooperation with BDO Ziv Haft.
- Action2020-related Activities
- Develops Israeli CSR standards and indices.
- Promotes sustainable norms and practices in the business sector by publishing the Maala CSR Index, which since 2003 has ranked both publicly traded and privately held Israeli companies on the basis of CSR criteria. The 2013 index consists of 82 companies, which together account for 63% of Israel’s GDP from the business sector and NIS 331 billion annually.
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- Maala participates in the UN Global Compact, BSR, CSR 360, Business in the Community, and the WBCSD Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) as part of a global network of organisations promoting corporate responsibility.
Global Network Collaboration