De Groene Zaak is a decisive business platform consisting of more than 170 companies that know how to make a sustainable business model profitable. It encompasses all sorts of industries and is not allied with existing business or umbrella organisations. Therefore, it is able to maintain an independent viewpoint on current economic issues.
- 175 companies.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (2) Accenture, CRH.
Building the Business Case
- The objective of De Groene Zaak is to accelerate the process of making the current economic order sustainable, notably by lobbying for a more favorable climate to benefit the world of sustainable business, by giving leaders in innovation a strong voice in social debates, by advising authorities and putting sustainability objectives on the public agenda, and by organising high-profile congresses on new economy issues.
- De Groene Zaak (The Green Enterprise) has collaborated extensively with other Global Network Partners to share innovative business cases. De Groene Zaak invited all Global Network Partners to participate in the development of a new book, New Economy Business, based on the recently launched Dutch publication, Zakendoen in de nieuwe Economie. The objective of the book is to hasten the transition to a sustainable economy. The more recent, global version of the book captures best business practices from over the world. De Groene Zaak received many inspiring cases from its Global Network Partners.
- Delivering the “Business Breakthroughs” programme to support members that provide greatly innovative business cases.
- Publishing New Economy Business, a book that features inspiring best practices. An English version expanded to include best practices from around the world will be published in the autumn of 2014.
- Carrying out an extensive research programme on new business models in cooperation with the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) and the sustainable scientists’ network Het Groene Brein.
- Action2020-related Activities
- Implementing a transition agreement for energy and CO2 pricing with a 2020-2023 deadline.
- Setting up a sustainable mobility programme with member companies.
- Maintaining active working groups within its organisation on energy and raw materials.
- Developing a comprehensive programme to hasten the transition to a circular economy.
Food, Feed, Fibre and Biofuels
- Setting up an agreement on food and agribusiness.
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- De Groene Zaak is strongly involved with Het Groene Brein.
- Collaboration with Global Network Partners
Nicaragua, France, Curacao, Poland, India, Austria, Honduras in the publication of the book entitled New Economy Business.
Global Network Collaboration