SumaRSE is a nonprofit association created through the merger of IntegraRSE and the Panamanian Global Partner Network. SumaRSE is committed to leading corporate social responsibility (CSR) in Panama by creating awareness, strategic alliances and training programmes. It tries to be an entity that constitutes and coordinates a network of cooperation at both national and international levels to support the promotion of CSR.
- 74 companies.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (3) Cemex, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Building the Business Case
- Through its CSR programmes focused on training, information, research and promotion, SumaRSE is able to help companies and society implement policies and practices that lead them to achieve sustainable economic and social success.
- Action2020-related Activities
- Works with an Adaptation to Climate Change programme with support from the German Gesellschaft für Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the INCAE Business School.
- Develops a corporate eco-efficiency programme in collaboration with IntegraRSE that seeks to promote eco-efficiency strategies among business.
- Has established its own GHG Protocol Working Group, including 10 companies, of which 8 have already developed their own GHG measurement tools.
Basic Needs and Rights
- Works with a programme on the inclusion of people with disabilities in the labour force.
- Works with a project on child labour in collaboration with the Global Compact Network and Fundación Telefónica.
- Develops a food bank project in collaboration with IntegraRSE, with the aim of helping to feed people in need.
- Works with a programme on gender equality.
- Works with a Zero Poverty Companies project in collaboration with IntegraRSE. The aim is to provide methods that help companies successfully manage their role in eradicating poverty.
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- SumaRSE collaborates extensively with the IntegraRSE Network in the framework of the Luxembourg Project, the Global Compact Network and the Fundación Telefónica.
- Collaboration with Global Network Partners
- Collaborates with Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Brazil in developing a CEO survey to collect business’ perspective on various sustainability-related topics. The 2014 survey and following publication is focused on Climate Change.
Global Network Collaboration