The BCSD Taiwan is a non-profit business organization consisting of fifty-three leading companies from more than ten sectors. The BCSD Taiwan joined the Global Network of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) when it was established in 1997. The mission of BCSD Taiwan is to play a leading role and to become an influential business voice in Taiwan in the field of corporate sustainability. The main issues that BCSD Taiwan has been addressing in recent years are Energy & Climate, CSR, Reporting, Ecosystem Services, and SRI.
- 55 companies.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (9) Acer, CPC Corp., Deloitte, DNV-BL, E&Y, ERM, KPMG, SGS, and PwC.
Building the Business Case
- BCSD Taiwan is working with Business in the Community (BITC) to promote a Give & Gain charity initiative in the business community in Taiwan.
- Action2020-related Activities
- The BCSD Taiwan is an official partner to CDP in Taiwan. BCSD Taiwan assists Taiwan companies to respond CDP’s questionnaires in its Investor Program.
- The BCSD Taiwan has been leading a voluntary Energy Saving PATROL Initiative that was jointly launched by BCSD Taiwan & Taiwan EPSON, one of its members, in 2010. The initiative is an energy saving programme that provides energy saving suggestions to Taiwan SMEs for free.
- The BCSD Taiwan encourages Taiwan companies to endorse the World Bank’s “Putting a Price on Carbon” Initiative.
Skills and Employment
- The BCSD Taiwan is working with the National Chengchi University on a competition of Entrepreneurship for Sustainability for MBA students in Taiwan.
- The SHE CARES Initiative was launched by BCSD Taiwan in 2010. The SHE CARES is an acronym for Society, Health, Environment, Carbon Reduction, Everyone and Sustainability. The Chinese name of the initiative is literally called “Movement One”. It is an advocacy program for getting people together for reducing carbon footprint by changing lifestyles and lowering carbon consumption. It calls for every person, family, community, private and public organisation to start with one basic thing for cutting down greenhouse gas emissions to facilitate the transfer to a low carbon society. The aim is for people to influence each other to make positive actions to combat climate change.
- The BCSD Taiwan is working with Taiwan Stock Exchange, one of its members, on a training program on non-financial disclosure for Taiwanese companies.
- The BCSD Taiwan Introduced the GRI G3/G3.1, Traditional Chinese version of GRI G4 in 2014, and Traditional Chinese version of GRI Standard will be launched in 2017.
- The BCSD Taiwan co-working with PwC Foundation, one of its members, introduced the Traditional Chinese version of the <IR> Framework in 2015.
- Co-working with TWSE and GRI to publish Non-Financial Reporting Survey in Taiwan 2015 in 2016.
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- The Chairman of BCSD Taiwan is a member of Taiwan’s National Council for Sustainable Development.
- The BCSD Taiwan is working with the Taiwan Corporate Sustainable Forum to produce an energy and climate change policy paper to the government.
- Collaboration with Global Network Partners
- Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam in the development of an Action2020 strategy for South East Asia.
Global Network Collaboration