The BCSD Taiwan is a non-profit business organisation consisting of fifty-three leading companies from more than ten sectors. The BCSD Taiwan joined the Global Network of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) when it was established in 1997. The mission of BCSD Taiwan is to play a leading role and to become an influential business voice in Taiwan in the field of corporate sustainability. The main issues that BCSD Taiwan has been addressing in recent years are Energy & Climate, CSR, Reporting, Ecosystem Services, and SRI.
- 53 companies.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (10) Acer, CPC Corp., Chunghwa Telecom, Deloitte, DNV-BL, E&Y, ERM, KPMG, SGS, and PwC.
Building the Business Case
- BCSD Taiwan is working with Business in the Community (BITC) to promote a Give & Gain charity initiative in the business community in Taiwan.
- Action2020-related Activities
- The BCSD Taiwan is an official partner to CDP in Taiwan. BCSD Taiwan assists Taiwan companies to respond CDP’s questionnaires in its Investor Program.
- The BCSD Taiwan has been leading a voluntary Energy Saving PATROL Initiative that was jointly launched by BCSD Taiwan & Taiwan EPSON, one of its members, in 2010. The initiative is an energy saving programme that provides energy saving suggestions to Taiwan SMEs for free.
- The BCSD Taiwan encourages Taiwan companies to endorse the World Bank’s “Putting a Price on Carbon” Initiative.
Skills and Employment
- The BCSD Taiwan is working with the National Chengchi University on a competition of Entrepreneurship for Sustainability for MBA students in Taiwan.
- The SHE CARES Initiative was launched by BCSD Taiwan in 2010. The SHE CARES is an acronym for Society, Health, Environment, Carbon Reduction, Everyone and Sustainability. The Chinese name of the initiative is literally called “Movement One”. It is an advocacy program for getting people together for reducing carbon footprint by changing lifestyles and lowering carbon consumption. It calls for every person, family, community, private and public organisation to start with one basic thing for cutting down greenhouse gas emissions to facilitate the transfer to a low carbon society. The aim is for people to influence each other to make positive actions to combat climate change.
- The BCSD Taiwan is working with Taiwan Stock Exchange, one of its members, on a training program on non-financial disclosure for Taiwan companies.
- The BCSD Taiwan worked with GRI to translate the GRI G4 Guidelines to a Traditional Chinese version. The version was completed and a launching activity was held by GRI and BCSD Taiwan on 15 May 2014.
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- The Chairman of BCSD Taiwan is a member of Taiwan’s National Council for Sustainable Development.
- The BCSD Taiwan is working with the Taiwan Corporate Sustainable Forum to produce an energy and climate change policy paper to the government.
- Collaboration with Global Network Partners
- Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam in the development of an Action2020 strategy for South East Asia.
Global Network Collaboration