TamkeenCSR (operating under the legal umbrella of Tamkeen International) was launched in 2006 in KSA as the first organization specialized in corporate sustainability, providing consultancy and services to achieve sustainable development and corporate growth.
TamkeenCSR brings together a team of catalysts with different international and national expertise dedicated to assist companies in ceasing opportunities and enhancing their competitive edge while implementing solutions to address national development challenges.
The name Tamkeen is derived from the Arabic verb “to enable” and “empower”.
- 1 company.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (1) Unilever.
- Training and capacity building; offers numerous certified training workshops, including an 8 week online certified CSR training in Arabic and English
- Cultural Programs
- Higher Education Consulting
- Action2020-related Activities
- Wafeer Initiative; A national initiative to promote water conservation in the industrial sector. It aims to raise awareness and build national capacity in efficient water management practices in the Saudi industrial sector and represent a successful public private partnership model.
- Saudi Arabian Responsible Competitiveness Index (SARCI); An initiative of the Saudi General Investment Authority (SAGIA) – under the Responsible Competitive initiative (RCI) – to encourage and reward responsible leadership in companies working in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Implementation of a training and qualification process for nurses (under development).
- Grant Awarding for the Al-Muhaidib Foundation, notably for projects related to leadership, life skills development and worth ethics.
- Implementation of a project to encourage behavioural change in children’s nutrition and lifestyle habits by promoting a healthy lifestyle. The project also aimed to increase awareness among parents on the dangers of obesity – and how to best address it.
Climate & Energy
- Implementation of WBCSD’s Sustainable Mobility 2.0 project (under development).
- Supporting companies in developing “A level” GRI reports for their operations.
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- Council of Saudi Chambers, Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and industry, Riyadh Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Makkah Newspaper, Jeddah Municipality, Capital Market Authority, Development and Economics Council, Ministry of Transportation, and Environment Council.
- Collaboration with Global Network Partners
- None at the moment.