RespACT is the main platform for corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability in Austria.
- 261 companies.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (18) Accenture, Andritz AG, Bayer, Borealis, Ernst & Young, Henkel, Holcim, IBM, L’Oréal, Mondi, Novartis, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Phillips, Swarovski, Siemens, 3M, TNT Express, Unilever.
Building the Business Case
- RespACT provides a learning platform for members by forming dedicated working groups and hosting events, webinars, and business lunches on impact measurement and valuation standards, sustainability reporting, stakeholder engagement and how to develop partnerships.
- Identify Recipients of the Austrian CSR Award. The TRIGOS award recognizes the best-performing companies in respect to sustainability and CSR at both a regional level and a national level.
- Engage Stakeholders and Build Partnerships. In 2014 respACT established a new working group in this area to provide members with tools and best practices for identifying and engaging all relevant stakeholders. This group continues work begun in 2013.
- Action2020-related Activities
Skills and Employment
- CSR and human resources are a major focus of the work conducted by respACT. As a result, respAct works closely with the WBCSD in developing round tables and work streams related to Action2020 and the social capital Priority Areas (Needs and Rights, Skills and Employment, and Measurement, Valuation and Reporting). This theme is also a key focus of the respACT Impact Measurement working group.
RespACT is researching existing MVR tools and their potential application to Austrian companies of all sizes.
- Impact measurement: In early 2014 respACT introduced a working group that focuses on impact measurement and compliance with international standards. The group works with the UN Global Compact, One Business Forum and a number of international standards boards, such as the OECD Guidelines and ISO 26000, to ensure that members are informed about measurement standards and receive assistance in implementing them.
- Supply chain management: Supply chain management now falls under the mandate of the Impact Measurement working group and is included in tools that respACT uses to measure both societal and ecological impacts.
- Sustainability reporting: RespACT runs a successful working group on sustainability reporting that focuses on key issues and on national and international trends in the area, providing information on, for example, GRI guidelines and best practices. RespACT also offers a number of services to members new to reporting, such as introductory workshops. In 2013 respACT published a six-step guide to implementing sustainability reporting for SMEs.
- Government Engagement and External Collaboration
- RespAct collaborates extensively with the Austrian UN Global Compact Local Network on a range of issues. The goals of such collaboration are to 1) enable dialogue between and among business entities, government and civil society, and 2) develop extensive consultation in a broad stakeholder dialogue regarding Austria’s CSR Action Plan.
- Sponsors an annual CSR Day, organised around a different theme each year, to brings together stakeholders, international speakers, collaborators and CSR leaders in panel discussions and workshops.
- Collaboration with Global Network Partners
- Netherlands in the publication of the book entitled New Economy Business.
Global Network Collaboration