The Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO) is Norway’s major organisation for employers and the leading business lobby. With expert knowledge and an extensive business network, the NHO plays an important and constructive role in the Norwegian society. Its main objective is to create and sustain conditions that secure the competitiveness and profitability of business and industry, thereby maintaining the basis for a good standard of living, sound economic growth and sustainable development.
- More than 22,000 companies.
Shared Members with WBCSD
- (8) Det Norske, DnB, Grieg Inter., Leif Höegh, Norsk Hydro, Statkraft, StatoilHydro, Storebrand.
Building the Business Case
- Currently developing a guide to corporate responsibility, including a self-assessment tool.
- Action2020-related Activities
- Has published on sustainable energy and climate policy.
- Organised a Norwegian Business Climate Panel in 2009 which wrote the Business Climate Action Plan, i.e. recommendations to the Norwegian government on how to meet Kyoto targets and more ambitious national targets of 2020.
- Organised an Energy Panel in 2012 which made recommendations to the Norwegian government on how Norway can assist Europe and the world in tackling climate change.
- Organising an Energy and Climate Panel in 2014 which aims to create a policy document that urges the government to adopt a holistic view on energy, climate and business policies.
NHO will commit to a second Action2020 priority area by the end of 2014.
Global Network Collaboration